Position: Business Development Representative
Posting Date: 24 October 2021
As Hydroleap is growing and offering solutions to more clients within the existing verticals (i.e construction) as well as the new verticals (industrial wastewater treatment), we are looking for an ambitious Business Development Representative who does sales prospecting and also works closely with our existing sales channels. In this role, you will make cold calls, establish rapport and arrange meetings.
Thus, if you have worked in business development roles for a maker of low-volume, complex or novel systems in the water, wastewater or construction sectors or experience in machinery/equipment leasing and have the ambition to use your skills to grow in an innovative and fast-growing startup, please reach out to us.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Source new sales opportunities by prospecting – research organisations, identify key stakeholders and generate interest via outbound calls or emails, and following up on inbound leads
● Generate leads, build opportunity pipeline, follow up and support until closure
● Understanding needs and requirement of new and existing customers, and developing quotations and proposals in close collaboration with the technical teams
● Negotiate, close sales and achieve sales quota
● Maintain and expand the database of prospects within the assigned territory
● Perform effective presentations to prospects
● Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
● Tracking and reporting sales productivity metrics
● Provide customer feedback to the technical and product development teams
Requirements & Qualifications
● Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or related field.
● At least 3-5 year experience in B2B sales of industrial equipment
● Comfortable with technical sales, with a sound understanding of how technology meets customer needs
● Demonstrating track record of (over) achieving sales quota
● Comfortable and experienced in doing research on organisations and performing dozen of cold calls per day to all levels of an organisation
● Experienced in targeted email campaigns (cold outreach emails to prospects)
● Strong listening, presentation and written skills, including over phone or online meeting
● Self-starter with ability to organize work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
● Strong team player with effective interpersonal skills